Thursday 27 December 2012

The Quilt is Growing... Slowly

Hello again! :)

Remember the hand stitched quilt I started when I was a student and then abandoned, many years ago? Well, this is what it looks like now...


It's a bit hard to take photos of quilts, isn't it? Especially in the winter!

Anyway... as you can see, it's actually starting to look like a quilt now. I still think it's a bit ugly, but it turns out my mum really likes it so it's going to have a loving home to go to after all. Hurrah :)


I've got to fill in the missing section (the squares in that corner really didn't match up with the rest of the quilt, so I've taken it out to use for a cushion or something similar) and then add a few more rows, maybe five, depending on how many squares I've got left in my stash.


And then, of course, I've got to turn it from a big piece of patchwork into an actual quilt! Lots of sewing to do before I reach that stage though.

6 comments:

artedetudocomamor said...

hi cool your quilt can be slow but it almost acabando.seu this blog lindo.parabéns.te invite you to know my blog heep :/ / artedetudocomamor.blogspot.com.br

Fabiana Strehlow said...

Está ficando linda!

Abraços,
Fabiana.

Tumus said...

I will have to post up pictures of my quilts I did this season for gifts. It was a race to Christmas Eve that's for sure and since I've taken a break from blogging I hope to have them up come January.

It really is hard to take pictures of quilts. For me it's mostly because they're so big and usually unruly beasts when trying to do it by yourself. I don't know if you plan to hand quilt that or not but good luck if you do!

p.s.
I think you could probably get away with just "tying" it. The patchwork and the colors would look good with it.

Bugs and Fishes said...

Tumus - I had planned to hand quilt it but after seeing some nice tied quilts on other peoples blogs I might do that instead. I'll probably ask my mum as it'll be her quilt when it's finished :)

Georgina Giles said...

I think that is a lovely quilt - such tiny squares!

Bugs and Fishes said...

Thanks Georgina :)