Sunday 9 December 2012

A Few Works in Progress

I've got a whole load of different crafty projects on the go at the moment! 

Here are some snaps of just a few of my "works in progress"...

... I'm knitting some blanket squares to use up the brightly coloured yarn I bought to make the pompoms for the Christmas stocking I showed you guys yesterday...


... I'm working on a couple of new designs I can't show you yet, but I can give you a peek at some of the leftover scraps...


... and I've made a start on sewing together some of the birds from that vintage ornament kit I bought last year...


...  I actually stitched these a few weeks ago, full of enthusiasm for getting all the birds sewn together and then I didn't have the right thread colours to sew the next birds in the kit, and then totally forgot to go shopping for the shades I needed. I must remember to actually do this sometime soon!

5 comments:

AnitaS said...

I love your birds. They are so colorful.

WendyCarole said...

The birds are great.

Do you keep your left over little scraps I have got to the stage where I think I could use all but the teeniest little scrap :)

MJ said...

I too collect my scraps. I use them whenever I can. I look at my pile and wonder if I will ever use them all, but can't toss them out.
Your birds are so beautiful!

Stefanie said...

I think felt is one of the best mediums to work with besides wool. I love how you go for color too.

Bugs and Fishes said...

AnitaS - the birds were such a great vintage find, I can't wait to get them finished :)

WendyCarole - I used to keep my scraps but I make too many of them these days and they're usually too tiny to use for anything but stuffing things, so I normally just take photos of them when they look so lovely and colourful!

Kepanie - Felt is awesome, and bright colours = the best :)